- AUSPELD www.auspeld.org.au
- The Dyslexia-SPELD Foundation (DSF) www.dsf.net.au
- SPELD Queensland Inc www.speld.org.au
- SPELD NSW www.speldnsw.org.au
- SPELD SA www.speld-sa.org.au
- SPELD VICTORIA Inc www.speldvic.org.au
- DSF’s Resources for Families webpage www.dsf.net.au/resources/home-resources
- Raising Children Network www.raisingchildren.net.au
- Learning Difficulties Australia (LDA) www.ldaustralia.org
- Be You www.beyou.edu.au
- Children and Young People with Disability Australia (CYDA) www.cyda.org.au
- Macquarie University Special Education Centre www.figshare.com/articles/MUSEC_Briefings_Archive/5096455
- Five From Five www.fivefromfive.org.au
- International Dyslexia Association www.dyslexiaida.org
- National Centre for Learning Disabilities www.ncld.org
- Understood www.understood.org/en
- Reading Rockets www.readingrockets.org
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY WEBSITES:
- Spectronics www.spectronics.com.au
- Indigo – www.indigosolutions.org.au
- Scanning Pens www.scanningpens.com.au
- Raising Kids Who Read: What parents and teachers can do by Daniel Willingham (2015), Wiley.
- Basic Facts about Dyslexia & Other Reading Problems by Louisa Cook Moats and Karen E. Dakin (2007), IDA.
- Making Sense of Interventions for Children with Developmental Disorders: A Guide for Parents and Professionals by Caroline Bowen and Pamela Snow (2017), J & R Press.
- Overcoming Dyslexia by Sally Shaywitz (2005), Vintage.
- Proust and the Squid by Maryanne Wolf (2008), Harper.
- Language at the Speed of Sight by Mark Seidenberg (2008), Little Brown.
- When your Child has Dyslexia by Abigail Marshall (2009), Adams.
- From ABC to ADHD: What Parents Should Know about Dyslexia and Attention Problems by Eric Q. Tridaz (2007), IDA.
- Taking the Hell out of Homework by Neil MacKay (2011), SEN Marketing.
- Teaching Kids to Read: Basic Skills for Parents and Teachers by Fay Tran (2010), Wilkins Farago
In this section:
- Appendix 1: Processing weaknesses are common in children with learning disabilities
- Appendix 2: A Parent’s Guide to IEPs
- Appendix 3: Structured Synthetic Phonics: A Guide for Teachers and Parents
- Appendix 4: Examples of High Quality, Evidence-based Phonics Programs and Resources
- Appendix 5: Improving Handwriting and Pencil Grasp
- Appendix 6: Recommended Literacy Apps for Primary School Students
- Appendix 7: Useful Resources for parents